The infrastructure within older buildings may not always be set up adequately. Is there enough power points or data points and does the space support reliable internet and public Wi-Fi.
A good way to find out about internet speed is to ask other tenants in the building or try tracking down the previous tenant.
Don’t forget your IT equipment such as servers and data storage need a safe space to live. Ideally, this dedicated space needs to be secure and requires adequate cooling to function well.
If you’re occupying a floor or sharing a serviced office space, it’s important to look into additional services offered by building management:
• Security and after-hours access
• Shared reception and business services/equipment
• IT Support
• Office furniture and equipment
• Meeting/conference facilities
• Cleaning and maintenance/repair services
• Waste collection services